The Best of Every Day Fiction 2008 (Anthology)
Flash fiction is generally recognized as being fiction under a thousand words – the perfect length for a coffee break – but despite its appeal as a quick read, it is not simplistic. Quite the opposite; it can and should be one of the most demanding literary forms, with a need for perfectly crafted prose, a complete story arc in a tight space, and an immediately engaging hook.
The Best of Every Day Fiction 2008 brings together one hundred flash fiction pieces selected from Every Day Fiction’s first year of publication. These stories cross boundaries of genre and geography, with tastes of science fiction, humour, romance, fantasy, horror, and surrealism alongside the more traditional literary pieces, from authors writing in Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Finland, India, Israel, Nigeria, the United Kingdom and the United States.
edited by Jordan Lapp, Camille Gooderham Campbell, Steven Smethurst
Pages: 292 • Publisher: Every Day Publishing • Language: English
Hardcover Gift Edition
foil-stamped grey cloth cover w/ full-colour dustjacket, black print on creme pages
Date of Publication November 21, 2008
Product Dimensions 9″ x 6″ x 0.8″
Shipping Weight 1.3 lbs
Suggested Retail Price $28.95 USD • $34.95 CAD • £18.95 GBP • €26.95 EUR
Trade Paperback Edition
perfect-bound full-colour cover, black print on creme pages
Date of Publication November 28, 2008
Product Dimensions 9″ x 6″ x 0.7″
Shipping Weight 1 lb
Suggested Retail Price $15.95 USD • $18.95 CAD • £10.95 GBP • €12.95 EUR
Available online at:
- Amazon — Hardcover / Paperback
- Amazon Canada — Hardcover / Paperback
- Amazon UK — Hardcover / Paperback
- Barnes & Noble — Hardcover / Paperback
- Blackwell — Hardcover / Paperback
- Chapters Indigo — Hardcover / Paperback
- IndieBound — Hardcover / Paperback
- Waterstone’s — Hardcover / Paperback
- Booksellers can order The Best of Every Day Fiction 2008 through Ingram Book Company or Bertram Books.
- Inquiries about wholesale orders may also be made directly by contacting Every Day Publishing.
Want to do more?
- Discuss this book online at Goodreads or LibraryThing.
- Find it at your local library with WorldCat.
- Pass it around with PaperBackSwap or BookMooch.